JA of Rhode Island
57 Greene Street
Warwick, RI 02886
March 18-19, 2017
March 25 - 26, 2017
Event Website w
What is Achieve-A-Bowl?
Achieve-A-Bowl is all about having fun with your friends, family, co-workers, or student group while you win prizes and raise money to help bring Junior Achievement into more Rhode Island classrooms!
You do not need to be an accomplished bowler to participate! We expect over 800 bowlers from over 50 local organizations to participate in our 33rd Annual Achieve-A-Bowl! It is JARI's oldest and largest community event, having raised more than $1,700,000 in its 32 year history.
Achieve-A-Bowl wouldn't be possible with out the support of our generous sponsors. Check out our sponsorship opportunities and a list of our sponsors from last year!
Why Junior Achievement?
Junior Achievement of Rhode Island is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. Through a dedicated volunteer network, JARI provides in-school and after-school programs for students in grades K - 12 that focus on the three content areas of workforce readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy.
How to Begin
1 - Whether you are a returning organization coordinator or interested in joining us on the lanes for the first time this year contact Amy B. Craig for more information or to register a team.
2 - If you are a bowler, sign up with your organization's Achieve-a-bowl coordinator to pledge to raise at least $100 and bowl with us! If your group doesn't have a team, but you'd like to create one, you can complete this form or contact Amy B. Craig, Events & Development Coordinator, via e-mail, or call (401) 331-3850 ext. 18.
3 - Go to the official Achieve-A-Bowl page on FirstGiving and click on the "Join Now" button. If you don't have an account yet, you'll need to take just a minute to register.
4 - Join your organization's team by selecting your group from the drop-down list.
5 - Once you have joined your team, you'll be directed to your own fundraising page to customize with your own text and photos. There are also resources below for extra hints about setting up your fundraising page. This is the easiest way to raise your funds and win bigger prizes!
6 - Once your fundraising page is set-up, send out an e-mail to your contacts to ask for support.
7 - Don't forget to use social media tools to tell all of your friends about it on Facebook and Twitter!
Here are some helpful resources to help you and your team:
* Team coordinators can use the 2017 Coordinator Kit as a resource.
* Use this Bowler Brochure to help recruit bowlers
*Use this sample email to send to bowlers to help gain support
* Fill out your Bowling Date/Time Request Form
*Send FirstGiving instructions to bowlers to easily create their own personal fundraising page
* If you customize the text on your fundraising page, here are some of JA's core messages that you can use
* Here are some sample posts you can put on social media to help recruit more bowlers or direct donors to your fundraising page
*Print this Achieve-A-Bowl poster to help advertise the event throughout your company
*Check out a sample Jeans for JA poster used by our friends at KPMG - ask us to create a custom one for you!
* Cash receipt forms for individuals who make offline, cash donations
* Directions to Lang's Bowlarama in Cranston
* Prizes are typically gift card for restaurants, shopping and activities. The more you raise the higher the values of gifts!
* Download Blank Registration form
* Fill out your company's Goal Sheet
*Check out the Industry Challenge rules
* Did we miss something? Check out some frequently asked questions