JA of Rhode Island
57 Greene Street
Warwick, RI 02886
March 12 - 13, 2016
March 19 - 20, 2016
What is Achieve-A-Bowl?
Achieve-A-Bowl is all about having fun with co-workers, family, and friends while raising money to help bring Junior Achievement of Rhode Island (JARI) programs into more classrooms. It is JARI's oldest and largest community event, having raised more than $1,600,000 in its 31 year history.
Achieve-A-Bowl wouldn't be possible with out the support of our generous sponsors. Check out our sponsorship opportunities and a list of our sponsors from last year!
Why Junior Achievement?
Junior Achievement of Rhode Island is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. Through a dedicated volunteer network, JARI provides in-school and after-school programs for students in grades K - 12 that focus on the three content areas of workforce readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy.
How to Begin
1 - Are you a returning company coordinator or interested in joining us at the lanes for the first time this year? Contact Tyler Lewis for more information or to register a team.
2 - Make sure you've signed up with your company's bowlathon coordinator and joined a team. If your company doesn't have a team, but you'd like to create one, you can complete this form or contact Tyler Lewis, Events & Development Coordinator, via e-mail, or call (401) 331-3850 ext. 14.
3 - Go to the official Achieve-A-Bowl page on FirstGiving and click on the "Join Now" button. If you have a Firstgiving account, log-in; if you don't have an account, you'll need to register.
4 - Once you've registered, join your company's team by selecting your company from the drop-down list.
5 - Now that you've joined your company's team, you'll be directed to your own fundraising page that you can customize with your own text and photos. You can use some of the resources below for helpful hints setting up your fundraising page.
6 - Once your fundraising page is set-up you can e-mail your friends and family to ask for their support.
7 - Don't forget to use social media tools to tell all of your friends about it on Facebook and Twitter!
Here are some helpful resources to help you and your team:
* Team coordinators can use the 2016 Coordinator Kit as a resource.
* Use this Bowler Brochure to help recruit bowlers
*Use this sample email to send to bowlers to help gain support
* Fill out your Bowling Date/Time Request Form
*Send these FirstGiving instructions to bowlers to help them create their own personal fundraising page
* If you customize the text on your fundraising page, here are some of JA's core messages that you can use
* Here are some sample posts you can put on social media to help recruit more bowlers or direct donors to your fundraising page
*Print this Achieve-A-Bowl poster to help advertise the event throughout your company
*Check out a sample Jeans for JA poster used by our friends at KPMG - ask us to create a custom one for you!
* Cash receipt forms for individuals who make offline, cash donations
* Directions to Lang's Bowlarama in Cranston
* List of prizes based on money raised by individual bowlers
* Download Blank Registration form
* Fill out your company's Goal Sheet
*Check out the Industry Challenge rules
* Did we miss something? Check out some frequently asked questions